Game Plan For Life
Dutch FC is partnering with Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) and Stonebriar Community Church to teach our Lions and Lionesses the Game Plan for Life, using the Bible as our guide.
Join us this spring as we unite two passions, FAITH & SOCCER.
Soccer for Life is the umbrella non-profit organization for Dutch Football Club and was originally established for sports ministry purposes specifically leveraging the great game of soccer as a way to grow the Christian faith within our community and beyond.
How does it work?
Once per month, we come together for a 60-minute “huddle”. We have fun and learn faith-based life teaching that can be applied to the soccer environment and adopted in all areas of life. Meetings are organized into 4 sections like a Training Session:
- Warm-Up – Fun Games & Activities (15-20 minutes)
- Ready-Set-Go – Topic or Teaching (15-20 minutes)
- Work-Out – Exercises/Group Activities to apply teachings (15-20 minutes)
- Overtime – Implementation and Take Aways (10-15 minutes)
What is taught?
For decades, FCA has been using biblical teaching and relating it to the sports environment to help athletes apply these concepts more effectively, not just in sports but in all areas of life.
Here are just a few examples:
and many more….learn more at www.FCA.org
What do players get?
Every huddle a player attends, each player will receive a wrist band with the keyword(s) or phrase discussed for that session. Players can wear and/or attach these wristbands to their team bag to help remind them and apply the lesson learned. Collect all 6 wristbands over the spring and get awarded with a Custom Dutch FC T-Shirt at the end.
FCA Leader & Teacher – Weldon Swann
The program will be led by Weldon Swann who oversees the Northern Collin County Area for FCA. Weldon has been a leader with FCA for many years (Learn more about Weldon here: ABOUT WELDON SWAN
What will it cost?
The program is fully funded by the club.
- January 30th, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm
- February 20th, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm
- March 20th, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm
- April 17th, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm
- May 22nd, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm
- June 12th, Saturday 4:30-5:30pm